These recipes will help provide the needed energy required to recuperate from a post-fitness workout. Whether you want a quick smoothie or something more substantial to eat, we’ve got you covered.
5. Sloppy Joes
(Thanks to our friends at Men’s Health)
Who doesn’t love a hardy sloppy joe? With 59 grams of carbs and 42 grams of protein, you’ll be sure to refuel quickly.
- 5 ounces (90% lean) ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 sprouted-grain bun
- Pepper (optional)
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Cook beef and onion until mixture has browned
- Add tomato paste and ketchup
- Stir in pepper and Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Stir continually to combine and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 5-7 minutes until fully cooked
- Spoon onto bun
4. Egg Tacos(Thanks to our friends at Prevention)
- ¼ small red onion
- 4 large eggs, plus 2 large egg whites
- 2 corn tortillas
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Green salsa
- Chop up the onion into thin pieces
- Warm a drizzle of olive oil into a small skillet over medium-low heat
- Beat eggs and whites
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add to skillet
- Cook eggs. (Remember to stir eggs constantly while softly scrambling them). This should take about 4 minutes
- Place 2 warm tortillas on a plate. Spoon eggs onto each tortilla. Top with cheese, salsa, and onions.
3. Protein Bars(Thanks to our friends at Chew Out Loud)
This bar is easy to make and full of antioxidants.
- ½ cup milk, plus more
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 ¾ vanilla whey powder protein
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Melted dark chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, peanut butter, and honey over low heat
- Stir until melted and ingredients are mixed well
- Add protein powder and oats
- Stir well
- Thin with milk if too thick
2. Tropical Protein Smoothie
(Thanks to our friends at Real Food & Ice Cream)
This is a yummy and healthy quick drink to make when you want something quick drink
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup 2% cottage cheese
- ¼ cup baby carrots
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 medium banana
- Add pineapple juice, cottage cheese, and carrots to a blender. Blend until carrot is smooth.
- Add mango and banana. Blend until smooth.
(Thanks to our friends at Savoring Spoon)
This is the perfect mini-meal when you’re in a hurry.
- ¼ cup chopped or shredded turkey
- 1 teaspoon sweet bean sauce
- 2 scallion whites, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cucumbers “matchsticks”
- 1 tortilla or flatbread
- Spread bean sauce on tortilla
- Add shredded cucumber, scallions, and turkey
- Roll and eat